Saturday 2 January 2010

Yet again no knitted character

My story is much the same as others here: Ordered 5th December. Nothing heard from them until the email everyone else received to say they were being sent by a guaranteed next day service on 21st Dec, then another one to say they'd all been sent. No delivery on 22nd, 23rd or 24th, and I stayed in all three days to wait (and sign) for it, effectively tying me to the house when I could have been out doing Christmas shopping etc. I sent many email queries from 22nd onwards, both direct by email to them and via Google Checkout, each time only receiving an automated email reply.

Today, I tried the method they outlined on their first post on the MSE forum: Sent them an email using UNDELIVERED + my order number in the subject line, and to give them their due, they issued an almost immediate refund via Google Checkout, plus an email to say that it the product now arrived I should retain it in lieu of apology. I'm still angry about the way they've dealt with this matter and at all the inconvenience (plus the lack of a knitted character) but at least I'm not out of pocket from the experience. If the KC turns up now it'll be a bonus, but I'm not holding my breath. On my Google Checkout page, the status remained at 'not yet dispatched' throughout, so I'm pretty sure mine was never even sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment